I will not be controlled

I can see through their lies
Their foul fashioned image won't get in my eyes
They will tempt me with a sweet cake
But I will not take
Their preasure will not sway me
As I am strong
Their bad advise will not harm me
As a newspaper, radio, tv kind of darkness, or dogma
I am my own person
And if you judge me
I only ask that you love me
Not for your opinions and observations
But your love
Your kindness, your understanding and compassion
Is what I miss
The warmth of your touch
Please don't hurt me
I can tell if you care
All the games of manipulation
Can be taken away
Leave me with a sweet spirit
Don't hurt it
We all need each other
Only when there is care
Get those lies out of my hair
Play the part
And do your part
As the wonderful self
That you are
They can let go of all threats
Dirty looks
I'll have none of that
My spirit needs more love
That's romance
When our paths cross.