My thoughts on government.

Government is necessary in my opinion.   I once thought I was a libertarian, but now I see that as delusional romantic fantasy.  That government helps a lot in keeping things under control and people have a natural need for this whether they would realize it or not.  I think that government is most effective on a local level and that local governments might be given more power some day is likely.   In a local government the officials really know the people in the community and that society much better so they are concerned about the general welfare of the place.   The strange thing I experienced recently was really good changes happening in my town because of government that I even pushed for sometimes and then feeling nostalgic about the past once things had changed for the better.   I suppose we become attached to things the way they are sometimes even when they can suck.   It is time I move on into the future.

I feel that with State and Federal government areas can be too large in the United States.   This can cause problems sometimes and sometimes things can be relatively okay.   I have seen what appears to be an intense polarization between the two parties here.   A person like myself begins to have concern about tyranny on the left or right sides of the spectrum.   It never occurred to me that there could be tyranny on the left, but the thought has crossed my mind recently, but as stated above it could just be a fear of change.   I start feeling weird when I think about the idea of the government taking care of me.  I mean we are supposed to become adults at some point.   It makes me feel that weakness is rewarded while strength gets punished.   Maybe strong people get put on meds because they are a minority then people might become more apathetic than before and like the republicans thoughtlessly cast their vote to their own party affiliation.   If I were to identify my strongest political views I would say I would want a determined effort to end war for good practically all over the world.   I also want to see that government has a human face otherwise government is kinda creepy to me.   Lastly I feel outraged a bit by the subject of child neglect and elderly abuse and abuse of the disabled.

I suppose I am a bit conservative though I have never voted for a Republican except a congressman once.   I find it hard to believe that I would ever vote for a republican largely because of the lack of funding for education they often bring about and a lack of ethics regarding big business and mixing religion with politics.   I also feel like they have made the abortion issue and the homosexuality issue the center focus of elections when they should be much smaller priorities.   Obviously it's mainly about the economy and not just for the rich, but for everyone.   It's kinda like the air, we all need to breath.   Most people need some time to enjoy life.

In my own personal life government has done great things for me.  I just need the pride in doing great things for myself and others.   That is what brings about a sense of inner wealth which is worth a lot more than money.


Mark