Something unexpected and important has been revealed.

I noticed that most of my popular posts on all my blogs deal deeply with the dark painful scary parts of life.   Now my site is called Uplifting Thoughts so how can this be?   I have assumed that people want to hear glittering happy posts.   In order to make sense of this I must assume that serious stuff speaks to people who are feeling down lately.  Perhaps it is comforting because it more closely matches how unhappy people are feeling.   Does this cause some kind of reverse psychology reaction and/or inform them of their problems.   This helps people obviously more than a lot of feel good statements which apparently are hard to relate to.   Perhaps people need to go into the darkness in order to get to the light and that trying to feel positve with a positive attitude doesn't ring well with many people.   The current thoughts in positive psychology movements are then in question.