Thoughts about a Positive Thoughts Philosophy

I can't imagine positive thinking to be very great if the thinker is only into oneself as the subject and the object both.  The self can become a black hole and not the glory of life right before one's eyes.  There might be an explanation in physics and I will ask my dad about this.  Funny though how much new age does seem to be largely about oneself.   If it weren't for the bottomless pit of it's thoughts people would give up on it, because the blanket of it would vanish and they might feel very naked and alone.  This is not meant to convert or anything, but a record of my experience.  The closest I ever came to an Author who I felt could represent me in that world was Louis Haye's books.  She may not be a polished writer, but it seems that all the books after her were foot notes to her.  She made it pretty clear that what goes on in our heads does matter.