My effect on California?

I am sure this site as well as other things I have done have been some degree of influence in California.  To say that I have held an extreme position would be wrong.  In fact in a state that tends torwards extremism my influence has probably been a good one.  California can be seen as the big experiment of the United States.  Yet with so many counties and diversity this experiment has been out of control most of the times.  It has created monsters and then we hide from that as if that could not happen in an experiment.  It is a land in which the experiments of the past are lingering like ghosts.  The frontier man with his love of risk and adventure would find the geek world hard to understand.  How many mazes have been traveled through out time?  Why the boredom at what seems like the end of time?  Are we just losing our gold fever at this point?