Could be?

In my recent thought on our human reality I come to believe that being human is often not a good option for almost everyone, but we are stuck with this unless some glorious genetic mutations happen.  That I believe we are more defected than believed especially I the light of the animal intelligence of elephants, dolphins, great apes and others.

That defect has no precise definition nor does it need to.  Yet a clue I recently discovered is in our weak ability to heal from emotional and psychological stuff.  Alcohol which is poison has been a greatly used method.  This in itself is very interesting to scientific reasoning on to the cause itself and quite possibly one of the cures, though not referring to drinking at all.  I am referring to the thing we experience when we drink and what's drives some to drink in the first place.