As a drinker of alcohol who has been sober for about 5-6 years what did I learn.

As a socially acceptable drug it felt welcoming.  In the end I understood my addiction after a year of drinking what I thought was done in a nicely controlled way.

-I had learned that life almost always was better with wine.

-I had learned that wine was like an entry point into a better dimension.

-I believed that is was shaving off some bad brain cells.

What I had yet to learn that upon going sober I felt dragged back to the bottle again and again, knowing that I was less the master over the wine than I had assumed.  To make matters worse I would fantasize about getting drunk.


How did I quit

- I acknowledge that self medicating was a hidden motive for drinking.

- I understood that I had to make changes in my life that I did not want to make including getting some therapy.

- I took more time to contemplate life and reflect.

- I made money making and climbing much less of my mind set.

- I was fearless in stating my weaknesses and failings.

-I avoided other substitutes and addictions as much as possible.

-I found the value of being funny more often.